Once you’re done with Holi, you’ll notice that the only thing left is colours all over your body. It’s the most lousy part because you are already tired and now you have to take these Holi colours off.
But don’t you worry, I got this. Today I am going to share some of easiest and gentle ways to remove all the holi colours.
Before moving further, I also want you to know that recently I had uploaded a blog Let’s Play Holi which is all about tips and tricks to have safe holi, pre-holi prep, skin and hair care. So if you want you can check out as it will be useful for you.
So now let’s get right into this one.
- Starting of with dusting part where you just dust off all the colours you got on yourself with any other cloth.
- Once you’re done, take a shower. Wash your self with a mild soap or body wash. Don’t be too harsh with yourself as your skin is already irritated and have breakout because of all those harmful chemicals and colours.
- Then make a thick paste by mixing besan (Chickpea flour) lemon and rose water together. Apply this paste all over your hands and legs. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then start scrubbing it out gently. If the mask is too dry, take few drops of coconut or musturd oil and then rub it. Afterwards wash with cold water.
- At last apply mustard or olive oil all over your body for moisturising. Also it will help you to remove the remaining colours easily when you take a bath next day.
- Clean your face with your regular cleansing milk by massaging for 2-3 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Now I’ve got two masks for you. Both will give your skin some nourishment along with taking off the colours.
- For the first mask, you have to mix multani mitti with rose water and make a thick paste. Apply it to your face and neck, leave until it gets dry and wash it off.
- For the second mask, you’ll need some wheat flour, lemon and oil. Mix all the ingredients well and apply it to your face. Wait for a while and then scrub it off.
- After completing all the steps don’t forget to moisturize your face. Apply your favourite moisturizer or aleo vera gel to soothe and relax your skin.
- First wash your Hairs with water properly and then go for shampooing and conditioning.
- Now its time for a good hair mask. For this, you should towel dry your hair and then apply a mask of dahi (Curd) and methi seeds (Fenugreek) powder. Mix both ingredients well, apply it all over your hair from root to tip, wait for 15 minutes and wash it off. It will provide moisture to your hairs and prevent it from damaging.
- At night, massage your hairs with some warm oil ( whatever you like), braid them and sleep tight.
P.S- Do not wash yourself again and again because your skin will get breakouts or rashes. So be gentle with yourself, it will get off completely in a day or two. Just have patience.
Now you can Go and get yourself coloured without any worry.
💜💙🧡 Happy Holi! Enjoy.. 💚💛❤️