So Holi is round the corner and you’ll must be excited to play with colours and celebrate with your friends and family. After all it’s the festival where we just go crazy and flow with it. We play and get dirty and still love it.
Here we take good care of everything right! Starting of with food, guest, party and colours, we plan everything meanwhile forget about ourselves. Playing with colours on holi is fun but it can turn out to be harmful if care is not taken. People often come up with problems like break out of skin and hairs, irritation, dryness, allergies and much more. So Before stepping out its important to look out for ourself properly.
Here are some tips and tricks that you must go for if you love yourself (which of course, you do) and you are all set to play holiii…
- For outfit pick something that covers you maximum, like full sleeve t-shirt or shirt, kurti with leggings etc. As with short clothes our skin is directly exposed to the sun and colours which is gonna affect it badly.
- Wear a cap or a hat or bandana to cover your head to avoid getting colours right into your scalp.
- Instead of chapals (which goes slippery in water), wear shoes to save your legs from getting patches of colour and sun burn. Also it will save your nails from getting coloured.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
Prepping up your skin and hairs..
- Put a good amount of coconut oil all over body including small parts like ears and nails because it is going to keep your skin moisturized and protect your skin from harmful chemical colours.
- Apply a good lip balm such as Nivea or Himalaya and then put on any lipstick (if you want). You can also apply Shea butter, it will maintain the moisture of your lips. Do not apply Vaseline because its gonna wipe out really soon.
- Do not forget about your nails and put on a nice coat of nail polish along with base coat and then re-apply some oil and massage so that you do not get colour patches on your nails and cuticles.
- Before doing makeup, apply any essential oil or baby oil or coconut oil which is going to act as a colour block and protect your face from damaging. Then apply your favourite moisturizer and sunscreen.
- For hairs, its better to make a bun or braid for minimal damage.
Some Do’s and Don’ts..
1. Use herbal and natural colours to play Holi and try to avoid using water.
2. Do not wear accessories like chains, hoops or rings in order to avoid getting hurt yourself or others.
3. Avoid wearing clothes like Palazzo pants or salawar kameez if you do not want to fall.
4. Put small cotton balls in your ears to avoid getting colours inside it.
5. Keep your self hydrated and try not to stay hungry for a long time if you do not want to pass out while playing and enjoying with your family and friends.
Okay! Wrapping it up..
I hope this blog will be useful for you all. If yes then don’t forget to share your thoughts on the comment section. You can follow me on my Instagram too.
Stay blessed.. 😊